Mental health can be as much preventive as it is corrective.
My work philosophy
I work under a model called "integrative". Which means, I use a variety of techniques and theories that meet the needs of my patients.
The first appointment is with the parents and from there on out, I work with children and/or teens individually. All confidentiality terms will be discussed throughout that first session.
In addition to my integrative model, I also work with a feminist perspective. This means I advocate for equality in the playroom. I don't give into gender roles in play, and the purpose of toys and materials are to enrich the inner world of my patients.
Services in psychotherapy:
- Holistic evaluations (emotional, neuropsychological, reading + writing, developmental) for children and teens (3-18 yo)
- Full psychological report for parents and teachers, respectively.
- A meeting with parents is schedules prior and after the assessment.
- 4-7 sessions.
- In person.
- Psychoeducation for parents seeking a guide on how to develop better parenting styles.
- Beneficial for parents who are having communication difficulties, or are preparing for a transition.
- In person and/or online.
psychotherapy services for children and teens who struggle with:
- Body image issues
- Difficulty expression negative emotions
- Difficulty adjusting to change (new school, birth of a sibling, separation or divorce, grief or bereavement, among others).
- Social skills
- Bullying and/or cyberbullying
- Difficulty in emotional regulation
- Difficulty communicating
- Perfectionist tendencies
- Lack of motivation